What is a Rinnai Hot Water Error Code 57?
The Rinnai error code 57 may show up on any of the tankless Rinnai hot water heaters, indicating a burner overheat bi-metal switch.
This problem is mainly seen if the hot water system is not connected to the proper gas type (e.g. it is connected to LPG but designed to be connected to natural gas) or otherwise the system may have had a gas conversion at some point.
Another reason that the Rinnai error code 57 will be displayed is if the gas pressures are incorrect, or the sensor requires a replacement.
The Rinnai fault code 57 will require a service from a fully qualified plumber/gas fitter to rectify.
Rinnai Error Code 57 Troubleshooting
In some instances, you may be able to clear the Rinnai fault code 57 from the system’s monitor yourself by;
- Ensuring that the powerpoint that the hot water heater is plugged into is working correctly. You can do this by plugging another appliance into the powerpoint and turning it on.
- Check that your gas supply is working correctly. To test this turn your gas oven on and look to see if the flame drops at all – if there is a drop then your gas supply may be running low.
- Turn your hot water tap on and off.
- Press the on/off button on the hot water temperature controllers, if you have these installed.
If the Rinnai fault code 57 remains then a service call to a fully qualified technician will be required to remedy the issue.
Rinnai Error Code Repairs
To quickly rectify your Rinnai hot water heater fault code 57, call in a local plumber from Jim’s Plumbing. All of our fully qualified plumbers are also licensed gas fitters and can easily investigate your Rinnai hot water heater and repair the error code 57. They will check all required components of the hot water unit, check your gas lines and replace any parts where required.
No matter the time of the night or day, we have a plumber available near you. We have your gas and plumbing needs covered 24/7, including all public holidays. In a hot water emergency, we can be pulling into your driveway within an hour* of your booking. With Jim’s Plumbing, you will always get…
- 24/7 availability
- Service within an hour*
- Fully qualified and licensed plumbers
- 12 month warranty
- $0 deposit, interest free options**
- Fully stocked van
- $20 million public liability insurance
- Over 15 years’ experience
You’ll be happy to know we also offer interest free terms** on all our jobs, big or small. There’s no deposit and no interest at all. Enquire with your plumber on site for more information or to sign up.
Call a Jim’s Plumbing hot water expert now on 1300 133 509, or use our convenient online plumber booking form.