Blocked Drains in Adelaide
Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide has the resources to fix your blocked drain, often within the hour*.
We understand that your blocked drain is an emergency, so we treat it like that, fixing it promptly and professionally.
Our plumbers user a range of leading drain blocking technologies to ensure a quick and cost effective solution to fix your blocked drain.
What can cause a blocked drain?
Blocked drains can be caused by many different things. Certain tree lined suburbs in Adelaide are renowned for blocked drains as a result of invasive tree roots. Commonly, they’ll also result from too much toilet paper, sanitary napkins and pads, hair, soap, a build-up of grease, toothpaste, food scraps, and small debris .
Smaller drain clogs are often simple and quick to fix, but others can be more difficult and take more time and effort. Each Jim’s Plumbing van in Adelaide is equipped with proven blocked drain clearing technology, and all our plumbers have been extensively trained in the skills necessary to fix any blocked drain scenario.
Type of blocked drains
At Jim’s Plumbing, we can:
- Unblock toilet drains – common causes of blocked toilets are sanitary napkins, baby wipes, too much toilet paper, tree roots and the flushing of foreign objects. Every one of our plumbers is trained to clear your blocked toilet quickly and cost effectively, to provide immediate relief.
- Unblock basins and showers – common causes of basin and shower blockages are build-ups of bathroom waste such as soap, toothpaste and hair. Blocked basins and showers are unpleasant and disruptive They affect your daily routine and prevent human necessities like washing and grooming. Our plumbers have the experience and equipment to clear your blocked bathroom drains before they become a major issue.
- Unblock sinks – common causes of blocked sinks is a build up of oil, grease, soap and food scraps. These blockages are common in Adelaide homes and businesses, as the sink is used as a universal disposal system for many liquids and small scraps. Jim’s Plumbing use specific sink cleaning tools that do not damage your sink or associated pipes, so the cost of repair is kept down.
- Unblock laundry drains – the common cause of blocked laundry drains is hair and soap scum, which is gradually deposited directly through the sink or from a washing machine. This will prevent water from draining in the laundry and can lead to flooding. Our plumbers have everything required to clean even the toughest and stickiest of blocked laundry drains.
- Unblock stormwater and sewer drains in Adelaide – common causes of blocked outdoor drains is dirt, leaves, tree roots and other garden waste clogging the pipe work. They are often located in stormwater and sewer drains in patios, driveways and beneath your lawn. This can lead to overflow across your property.
- Unblock urinals – just like any toilet, urinals are prone to becoming blocked. These can be caused by crystal-like sediment that accumulates in urinals, eventually causing a blockage. It’s essential you have this cleared and cleaned as quickly as possible to ensure business at your commercial property is not negatively impacted.
How do you clear blocked drains?
Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide use proven drain blocking techniques and equipment to fix any blocked drain. To ensure our plumbers are able to fix your blocked drain, we provide ongoing training and use technologically advanced tools. These cause the least amount of collateral damage, reduce repair time and keep your costs down.
Drain clearing technology
Depending on the type and location of blocked drain, Jim’s Plumbing are able to utilise any of the following:
- Hydro-jet Adelaide – for some of the stickier or stubborn blocked drain problems, Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide has access to the very latest in hydro-jet drain cleaning technology. Very effective on tough blocked drains and blocked stormwater drains, the hydro-jetter uses a highly pressurised water spray, at a rate of up to 5000 psi. It slices through greasy deposits and solid build-ups like tree roots.
- Electric drain cleaner Adelaide – with a motorised cutter, the electric drain cleaner (sometimes called an electric eel drain cleaning machine) is used to slice through build-ups such as robust tree roots and other solid material that may be blocking your indoor drains. Every one of our Adelaide blocked drain experts is extensively trained and highly experienced in using the electric drain cleaning machine to clear all those pesky blocked drains.
- Sewer camera Adelaide – if the hydro jet or electric drain cleaner are not successful, we can use a CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) drain camera to locate and identify the precise cause of your blocked drain. This is used if you have a drain that continues to become blocked even after multiple attempts at clearing. Once we’ve been able to locate precisely what’s causing your blocked drain, it’s much easier for us make an informed decision about the best method for clearing it. Each of our plumbers has the expertise and experience to use the CCTV drain camera to find the cause of your blockage.
- Drain excavation and replacement Adelaide – for those very serious blocked drains, the ones which cannot be fixed with the hydro jetter or electric drain cleaner, or the ones that are too damaged to simply be cleared, the experts here at Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide can excavate and replace your drain. Prior to any works, your plumber will provide a quote for excavation and replacement. Whilst these complex jobs do require more work, they can often be done completed within 48 hours*.
The specific method that we employ depends on where the blockage is located, and what’s causing it.
Pipe relining is a technique we don’t use, since it’s only a temporary fix, at best, and will just end up causing you more trouble in a few months time. Our valued Adelaide clients receive only the very best, safest and most durable solutions to all of their blocked drain issues from the experts here at Jim’s Plumbing.
Who’s responsible for a blocked drain in Adelaide?
Responsibility for a blocked drain is generally with the business owner or the homeowner. If you rent, however, the landlord should be responsible for taking care of booking and payment for a plumber to come out and clear your blocked drains. Jim’s Plumbing regularly complete jobs for landlords in units and housing estates. We’re available 24x7 and can be knocking on your door within the hour*.
The city of churches and festivals is home to over 1.23 million residents. That might not sound so bad, but it still makes for an awful lot of blocked drains. Jim’s Plumbing will service every metropolitan suburb of Adelaide for your blocked drain issues, from Aberfoyle Park to Yattalunga and everything in between. As an example, we’ve serviced customers in Unley, Flagstaff Hill, Blackwood, Burnside, Marion, Brompton, Enfield, Stirling, Glenelg, Windsor Gardens, Mt Barker, Woodville, Para Hills, Elizabeth, Port Adelaide, Morphett Vale, Seaford and Norwood in the last few months!
With our highly trained team, superior equipment (hydro-jet cleaning machine, electric eel cleaning machines, , CCTV drain cameras) and 24x7, within the hour* service, Jim’s Plumbing Adelaide is your first choice to fix blocked drains. If you’ve got a blocked drain, don’t hesitate!