If you have no hot water coming from your Rheem hot water heater (these are the larger units with tanks) it is important that you firstly-
- 1. Identify if you still have water coming out of the tap however the temperature is cold.
- 2. Identify if there is no water coming out of the tap at all.
The above 2 points will determine what you should be doing next.
Hot water tap producing cold water
Gas hot water heaters;
On gas hot water heaters firstly check that someone has not turned off your gas meter (sometimes we find that a gas authority has turned it off due to unpaid bills), or the gas tap could have been turned off accidentally by children. You will also need to check if there is water leaking from the cylinder. Should any of these problems not exist it sounds more likely that you have an issue with the gas components of the hot water system which will require one of our Jim’s Plumbing service technicians to attend. In our experiences these issues can be a number of things;
- 1. Pilot light has gone out and will just need relighting- customer may be able to do this
- 2. Blocked pilot on hot water unit- Jim’s technician required
- 3. Faulty unitrol- Jim’s technician required
- 4. Faulty thermocouple- Jim’s technician required
- 5. Faulty tempering valve- Jim’s technician required
Electric hot water heaters;
- 1. Faulty time clock or meter- electrical provider to attend
- 2. Faulty element- Jim’s technician required
- 3. Faulty thermostat- Jim’s technician required
- 4. Faulty tempering valve- Jim’s technician required
- 5. Burnt electric terminal block- Jim’s technician required
No water coming through hot taps at all
This normally relates to a water issue. Common issues we find in this scenario are-
- 1. Hot water cylinder is leaking- Jim’s technician required
- 2. Duo valve (the isolation tap near the hot water system) has been accidentally been turned off. This valve normally has a black knob- customer may be able to do this
- 3. The duo/isolation valve may be faulty and not allowing water to pass- Jim’s technician required
- 4. Water meter may have been turned off accidentally- customer may be able to do this
- 5. Blockage on inlet or outlet valves of hot water system- Jim’s technician required
Jim’s Plumbing are specialist in the repairing of Rheem hot water heaters when clients are ringing saying they have no hot water. If you find this is a problem you are experiencing please call Jim’s Plumbing 7 days a week as we can usually have a hot water technician to you within an hour of calling us- 1300 133 509.
No Interest Ever!* Payment Plan Options Available
No Interest Ever!* payment plan options available on hot water heater replacements to help ease any financial stress this burden may cause. If your hot water heater is leaking, or you have no hot water, we can often have a plumber to you within the hour*.
Choosing the Correct Hot Water System
Choosing the correct hot water system can be difficult, as there are so many options to choose from; Click on the links to find out more about these systems.
*NO INTEREST EVER!* PAYMENT PLAN, “Fees, terms and conditions apply”.
No Interest Ever!* Payment Plan offered through Certegy Ezi-Pay Express. No Interest Ever on your hot water heater replacement or new supply and installation, gas service, water service or drain replacement. Conditions apply.
Information on this page is subject to change. Commercial hot water systems also available on enquiry.